- Superior Sieving Ability – 1% Synergel is the functional equivalent of 2% agarose and 2% Synergel is the equivalent of 4% agarose.
- High Resolution – Gels made with Synergel and agarose exhibit improved spatial separation and tighter banding, particularly for DNA fragments of 50-2000bp.
- Clearer Gels with no background fluorescence – The superior optical clarity of Synergel permits high quality photo-documentation.
- Increased load capacity – Synergel can accommodate greater quantities of DNA, thereby reducing band tailing and smearing.
- Easy to Use – Mix the Synergel powder with agarose, boil and pour. Gels set more rapidly than those made with agarose alone.