Magnesium-dependent digestion of single-stranded DNA in a 5´ to 3´ direction
- Specific: Digests ssDNA in the 5' to 3 direction
- Heat Inactivated: Heat at 65°C for 20 minutes to kill enzyme activity
- Flexible: Use to remove primers from completed PCR or to degrade single-stranded linear DNA in dsDNA and plasmid preps
Rec J Exonuclease, derived from E. coli, catalyzes degradation of ssDNA in a 5´ to 3´ direction. Its activity is dependent on Mg2+. Rec J Exonuclease can be heat-inactivated by incubation at 65°C for 20 minutes.
- Removal of primers from completed PCR.
- Degradation of single-stranded linear DNA in dsDNA and plasmid preps.
Unit Definition: One unit of Rec J Exonuclease catalyzes the release of 1 nmol of acid-soluble nucleotides from activated single-stranded calf thymus DNA in 30 minutes at 37°C under standard assay conditions.
Storage Buffer: 50% glycerol containing 50 mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.5), 0.1 mM EDTA, 1 mM DTT, 0.1 M NaCl, and 0.1% Triton® X-100.
10X Reaction Buffer: 330 mM Tris-acetate (pH 7.5), 660 mM potassium acetate, 100 mM magnesium, acetate, and 5.0 mM DTT.
Quality Control: Rec J Exonuclease is free of detectable RNase and contaminating DNA endonuclease activities.