Includes: funnel, tube filled with 2ml stabilisation buffer, cap and instruction manual.
GeneFiX™ Saliva DNA/RNA Collection Device
GeneFiX™ is an easy to use DNA and RNA saliva collection device that stabilizes DNA long term in 2ml and now the latest 1ml saliva sample options. The collector is pre-filled and has a simple screw-on funnel for simple saliva delivery directly into the non-toxic stabilization buffer. The saliva collection tube clearly indicates the volume of saliva required after which the funnel is removed and cap replaced. Various tube options are now available for both manual and HT or Automated Rackable formats. The unique patented*¹ funnel design prevents flow back and can also be used with our assisted option using foam swabs to collect saliva from babies, elderly or any donor unable to use the funnel. The device is fully specified for sample transport and storage.
- Economic, easy to use integrated DNA stabilization buffer
- Unique funnel design prevents spillages or buffer flow back
- DNA stabilized at room temperature for up to 60 months*
- RNA stabilised at room temperature for 5 days
- Total DNA yields exceeding 180 ng/µl**
- Compatible with most Manual and HT Isolation kits (Requires Proteinase K)
- 1D and 2D printed codes with auto de-capping capability
- Fully tested on most downstream processing techniques
- Suitable for field, home use and clinic-based sampling
- Collection tube specified to 95kPa for leak proof mailing
- Assisted version for Infants and Elderly
- Suitable for SARS-CoV-2 sample collection
* In ongoing and continued rigorous testing. ** Quantified by Picogreen