One such immunodetection method is widely known as Dot Blot. The method involves applying small volumes of antigens or test samples on protein binding membrane; the membrane captures and immobilizes proteins. The proteins immobilized on the membrane are probed with a specific antibody and a matching specific detection reagent. In this lab activity students screen test samples from a population and identify those who are carriers of a disease.
Students learn Dot Blot technique and learn how this method is applied in the real world, for example in clinical testing, forensic, and research laboratories.
- Supplied with necessary reagents and supplies for conducting Dot Blot analysis.
- Supplied with simulated test samples.
- Teaches immunodetection technique.
- Hands-on Dot Blot Analysis technique.
- Learn Dot Blot screening of unknown test samples, technique used by testing laboratories.
Please refer to the Product Protocol for additional equipment needed.