This kit is designed to educate students about the various stages of the bacterial growth cycle, i.e. lag, log or exponential, stationary, and decline or death phases.
The kit also teaches the importance of growing bacteria on solid phase agar plates to isolate single colonies of bacteria. This lab activity involves preparation of culture medium and solid agar plates.
- Aseptic techniques and bacteria culture.
- Study growth curve of bacteria in liquid medium.
- Growth of single bacterial colonies on a solid phase.
- Hands-on experimentation with microorganism.
- Understand the importance of bacterial culture techniques in industrial biotechnology.
Please refer to the Product Protocol for additional equipment needed.