Simple, rapid extraction of PCR-ready DNA for screening and genotyping type applications
- Fast: 8 minute extraction protocol for most sample types
- Simple: No centrifugation steps of spin columns used to help increase yields
- Automation-friendly: Simple protocol integrated easily into automated workflows
- Safe: Uses only non-toxic reagents
- Recommended for rapid, easy sample prep for T7E1 CRISPR mutation detection assays
The QuickExtract™ DNA Extraction Solution can be used to rapidly and efficiently extract PCR-ready genomic DNA from almost any sample type using a simple, one-tube protocol that takes only 3-8 minutes (Fig. 1), depending on the sample. QuickExtract Solution has been used to extract DNA from samples such as hair follicles, quill-end cells of feathers, tissue-culture cells, buccal cells, zebrafish organs and scales, and mouse tail snips. The extracted DNA is suitable for PCR analyses (Fig. 2), such as genomic, transgenic, or viral DNA screening in animals, or for genetic or environmental research and screening in humans and other organisms.
The QuickExtract method allows for the inexpensive processing of one to hundreds of samples simultaneously, without centrifugation, spin columns or the use of any toxic organic solvent. The method is also compatible with robotic automation.
- Produce PCR-ready DNA for transgenic mouse genotyping, genetic studies, human identity testing, or viral/microbial screening.
|Figure 1. Procedure for obtaining PCR-ready DNA using QuickExtract™ DNA Extraction Solution.||Figure 2. FailSafe™ PCR amplifications of genomic DNA extracted from a variety of tissues or cells. Buccal cells were extracted using the BuccalAmp™ DNA Extraction Kit, and all other samples with QuickExtract™ DNA Extraction Solution. PCR was performed using primers to amplify the regions indicated: Lanes 1-3, human β-globin; lane 4, transgenic mouse GAPDH; lane 5, E. coli 16S ribosomal RNA gene; lane 6, transgenic SV40 T antigen.||Figure 3. Extracted DNA from multiple Zebrafish organs using QuickExtract™ DNA Extraction Solution 1.0. A 1-µL aliquot of a 100-µL extracted sample was used to amplify a single-copy crystallin-like gene. Lane 1, 100-bp ladder; lanes 2-3, fins; lanes 4-5, eyes; lanes 6-7, scales; lane 8, no-DNA control.|